Thursday 9 February 2023

Dead Space Necromorph Horror Illustration Work In Progress

 

Ever since I first saw the original Dead Space video game, I've wanted to have  go at a poster style illustration of a classic Necromorph creature and so far here is the ink drawing.

I'll be colouring this in and will update this post further with any updates and possible mentions of future art prints.

I just love the whole Horror In Space vibe that the game has and the creatures are really quite frightening and scary and a pleasure to attempt to draw and realize.

I think they have done a remake of the game which I saw the trailer for and it reminded me to have a real effort at creating something like this as a stand alone piece of art.





Update: Finally coloured the infected Necromorph creature ink drawing. Decided on creating a blue space inspired background with blue acrylic paint and black paint dry brushed.

On the creature I blocked in a lot of the undertone with grey copic markers, cool grays and warm greys to work out the shadow areas and then I chose some fleshy colours with polychromos coloured pencils reds, purples and pinks.

I use some white and yellow pencils to create some highlights around the whole creature, which seemed to make the artwork pop better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..