Thursday 29 January 2015

Daily Sketch Journal #22 - The Fly Horror Print Sketch

Drawing realistically portrait style isn't really my style. I may not have the patience to learn, so in keeping with that thought, I took a look at a movie still from that movie and it shows Jeff Goldblum as Seth Brundle in a horribly disfigured and quite excellent prosthetic suit, but here in the initial pencil sketch I wanted to capture the essence of that movie moment.

I'll be adding a Teleportation pod in the background and maybe the fully transformed fly creature somewhere on the A3 sheet of card I am drawing on.

As the illustration progresses with inks and colour then the drawing might look more like a hideous looking freak. It's kind of a relief not being able to draw realistically, because that exists on film and it was nice to flex my drawing muscles by using my own art style and trying to create something that honours this classic horror movie of my childhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..