Wednesday 25 July 2012

Acrylic Painting A Fantasy Tree Idea

I thought that this was a great idea inspired by another YouTuber at ThadTaylorArt and really I wanted to explore Acrylic paint anyway and so this was the perfect opportunity to do so. I added a glaze mix of Green and Yellow Ochre for the background and then I painted the tree image on top of that when roughly dry but not quite as I was in experimental painting mode and this was just for fun and it really inspired me the way you layer paint on to the papers surface or any type of surface for that matter.

I tried to work in a face on the tree like it was possessed by some ancient demon spirit or something and also to try and paint in some highlights which reflect the background color too. There will be more painting videos by me as I have found another medium I enjoy!

Watch the video and have a go yourself!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..