Friday 24 August 2012

Basic Inking Techniques - A Dragon Drawing

On this Dragon drawing I did on a Google live hangout I decided to go through some very basic inking techniques whilst inking the Dragon pencil sketch. The Dragon is a pre-sketch for another project, an idea for a full on fantasy painting which will feature in my bathroom eventually and although this Dragon drawing looks great I think that's were the projects should part company and go their separate ways. I have since had another Dragon idea were the Dragon has his wings outstretched, with fantasy landscape scenery in the background.

Back to this drawing I used a Berol ink pen which is a nice fine ink pen for some detailed inking on the creature with opportunities for cross hatching and bolding the ink lines. Watch the video below and try to see some of the inking methods and some of the tips I try to demonstrate. They will help you in your own drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..