Sunday 6 February 2011

Found A Useful Painting Video - How to Paint Icy Landscape in Chinese Painting or Sumi-e - Frozen Niaga...

Painting is something that I want to do more of and so I found this interesting video from Blueheron arts on YouTube and he demonstrates a technique for painting icy landscapes on rice paper and it shows a great use of ink that is watered down and done in layers.

A chinese brush is used that can load lots of watered ink and the results that you can get are quite impressive, although I would have used a blu/grey to depict the ice shadows and formations, but he demonstrates the technique very well take a look for yourself below....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..