Friday 3 September 2010

Drawing With A Lightbox

Drawing with a lightbox is great for drawing certain designs that you either want drawing right or you want to trace elements of one drawing to another and it's also a good artists tool for drawing animations also.

But I'm not an animator I'm more of an artist and that's what I use the artists lightbox for and here is how I draw with a lightbox....

I get one drawing that I've done and I decide whether that drawing is good, but then maybe I want to do a variation on it so that I could say take the head of something and then draw a completly different portion of the drawing by tracing the head part that I want to keep, but then I start to sketch below where I want a different drawing to occur.

In the following video I show you my light box and in it I'm drawing a halloween pumpkin and tracing over the top and this is only a first look at what you can use a lightbox for in your drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..