Thursday 25 October 2018

Black Ink Zombie Drawings


Highly detailed zombie horror illustrations inspired by the walking dead probably

Over the course of a few months, even a few years I'd say I have been trying to perfect my art style by drawing and repeating the same themes over and over again which has resulted in me drawing a few illustrations that I am happy with and these zombie head drawings are currently 2 that I am really happy with.

Been attempting to use only cheap materials lately, with really inexpensive gel ink pens and drawing ink, which sort of isn't good for the archival quality of original artwork, but the raw art will live on in digital form forever after scanning as a digital file, so it works out.

The overly detailed way in which I ink and get carried away is just a joy for me, because I can add in as much inked details as I want and not worry about it later, especially as they are my own drawings and not commissions for anyone as in the past I've been told to tone down the detail a bit, which is a bit depressing as I love details on an illustration.

black ink zombie drawings
My drawing board needs a good clean, but this drawing distracts from that.


The above piece is another highly intricate inked horror illustration that I really enjoyed sketching and inking from start to finish. It's quite similar to a Hellraiser horror skull I drew awhile back. Often created with a mixture of sharpie and fine line pigma micron ink pens or gel pens with Sakura Gelly Roll white pens for the drips.

The thing is with these types of drawings I think they are going to be what I'm known for drawing the most and even tough I want to draw other stuff away from horror, I'll always return to this genre and be inspired by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..