Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Strain Vampire Acrylic Painting Work In Progress

The Strain Vampire acrylic art in progress. Painting with acrylic paint on a 50x60cm canvas from the beginning loose paint strokes to some slightly more detailed efforts later on. My hope for this painting is to actually finish it as I rarely complete a painting as I either get distracted or just lose interest in an acrylic painting.

Starting off the painting I always do a light colour glaze over the whole canvas and this was a very watered down Crimson Red and whilst it was wet I used a light brown acrylic paint to sketch with the paint brush the basic vampire in the middle and the two at either side of him. I didn't want to draw with pencil before hand as that would have been a waste of time, so instead paint sketch helps mark everything out that you want on the canvas, because you can paint over anything that becomes a mistake anyway.


the strain vampire painting
The middle Vampire up close painted with a light brown acrylic paint

the strain vampire art
Painting the general shapes with brown acrylic paint helps create an under layer for more layers on top

The Strain Vampire Art
The middle Vampire is starting to take shape slowly with the huge Vampiric tongue with blood drips

the strain vampires
The left hand side Vampire isn't meant to look as impressive as the middle one, but I still want to add some cool detail in on it.

The Strain Vampire Artwork
Only half the head is showing on this Vampire, I wanted to get a sense of them stood in a crowd and I'll probably add a few more figures in the background later on in the shadows.

the strain vampire painting art
Taking a step back to look at my painting I noticed that the background needs to be darker and so that's what I did next.



Here in the final photo I left it for the night. The next thing to add is more details, more colour and quite possible more glazed areas to enrich the colours more. I want the Vampires to pop off the canvas and really look like the Vampires from the horror TV Series. So, please do look for updates on this one! I hope to finish this painting and have it up for sale very soon.
the strain vampire art
The Vampires are looking more defined now that I've added a huge amount of shading, a few areas need cleaning up slightly as I've over shadowed them somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..