Tuesday 6 July 2010

Weekly Drawing: Drawing An Old Hag Witch

Drawing an old hag witch is fun, especially if you can imagine what an old hag witch could look like, fortunately there are many images and stuff floating about for old hag witches, to draw a witch it is recommended that you practice a few drawings first just to get it right and that's what I have done below, a quick preliminary sketch of the full figure and a quick sketch of the head to start which makes sense to understand the form and how you are going to progress next in the drawing stage.



Now again like other drawing tutorials we take those intitial sketches and try and work on them a bit more to flesh them out,sometimes I use a lightbox, other times I don't, I my just use another piece of paper and quickly redraw an idea a bit better, to see how it will turn out, being experimental is what I like about drawing and as you can see I settled quite early on the short hag witch here with curly witch shoes.



Ink the drawing quickly to get an idea of the permenance of it all and there we go, instant hag witch drawing with a close up of her ugly mug without her hat, see that wart with a few hairs coming out of it...ugggh! get a rat to gnaw that off mrs!!!, although this hag witch is not perfect, but nothing in life ever is is it?


Have fun drawing hag witches, because I know I will!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Art Inspiring Resources

It is recommended that you don't spam this blog as your comments won't be published.

I welcome any opinions and feedback about this blog aswell as your chance to shine too as you can find lots of inspiration through this fantasy art blog, so ask questions when you have them and I'll do my best to answer them for you..